Sunday, July 15, 2007

'Opposed to the war'

There's an article describing the 'Biofuel Oasis' which I visited with some friends while in Berkeley for a concert. The authors do a pretty good job describing their clientèle, saying that many who bought fuel from there were ...
"strongly opposed to the war in Iraq and want to sever any link with a conflict they believe is motivated by desire for oil, and with a government they say is closely tied to the oil industry".
While if forced to choose I'd say this accurately describes me, but I take issue with the notion of being 'opposed' to the war. I suppose it boggles my mind that anyone would be 'for' war. I mean, I highly doubt even Dick Cheney wants people to be dying in Iraq right now ... so isn't everyone, at least at this point 'opposed' to the war?

I mean, what would it mean to support it?!?!

No comments: